Friday, June 1, 2012

Caudalie and new skincare

I'm probably late on this Caudalie's Beauty Elixir bandwagon. But I just had to know what this refreshing smell and feel was like for myself. It is pepperminty, a much more pleasing/calming version of Tiger Balm, and a bit like heaven for the senses in a bottle, I'll leave you all to pick one up and smell for yourself. I use it as a toner and a refresher throughout the day- the 1oz bottle I picked up makes it travel friendly. I can already imagine this to be my lifesaver for those long, crazy nights and my cure for unfortunate hangovers.
Yes, this is definitely a luxury to have, but you only get one face so why not treat every now and then?
My new skincare frenzy haul all started because I ran out of cleanser to use with my Clarisonic Mia. I've been using Origins Checks and Balances and couldn't wait to be done with it forever. It burns/stings my eyes, dries my skin out terribly and leaves the undesirable tight feeling after using it. Boscia Clear Complexion cleanser with botanical blast is a gel cleanser that foams and lathers up. I love using it with the Mia because the gel gives the bristles a good 'slip' to work with, and the whole cleanse goes smoothly. The pump dispenser and natural ingredients of this cleanser sold me. It's gentle enough for my sensitive skin (and doesn't sting my eyes!), yet removes dirt and makeup extremely well. So far, this is a winner.

Summer is coming and I needed something with sun protection. Origin's Vitazing SPF 15 gives me an overall healthy color, in addition to moisturizing and protecting. Who doesn't love multi-purpose products? By itself, it's nothing too special. But it makes putting on concealer or foundation much more effortlessly. In fact, less makeup is even needed when this is on- major score for the summer. Only thing was... I wasn't fully satisfied with the SPF 15 protection. So I armed myself with Eucerin's Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30 with UVA and UVB for sensitive skin. It is light, doesn't have a strong sunscreen scent, and doesn't leave a white cast after blending in.

Finally, need I say anything about Bioderma Crealine? Hands down the best makeup remover/ cleanser. It is everything I expected and beyond. Because of that, this is going by really quick. Unfortunate that it's quite pricey.

I'm still on the hunt for a night time moisturizer. Preferably rich and not in a pot/ tub packaging. I am having a hard time finding one because of the latter. It bothers me insanely how unsanitary that type of packaging is, but it seems like most moisturizers come in that form. Any recommendations?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I always thought how nice a gel cleanser would be with the Clarisonic, but I didn't have one in mind. The Boscia one looks great! And I've wanted to get my hands on the Bioderma Crealine for so long but I'm not sure the best place to buy/order it from. Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, I am loving the Boscia cleanser right now. It works great with or without the clarisonic. I ordered the Bioderma from this amazon seller, Omorfia Shop. They deliver really quick too!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments!